Dear Legacy Family,
In light of COVID-19 (coronavirus), we want to let you know about how Legacy Youth Zone will be adapting our offer to be able to continue support you and respond to the changing needs of the community at this time.
- Legacy Youth Zone wishes to be a support in the community with its resources during this time, whilst at the same time keeping our young people safe.
- Croydon council have supported Legacy with a mandate to stay open within the guidance that the government have implemented.
- Legacy will add extra capacity to supporting schools and key services through the council.
- The time of operating will be from 9am until 5pm each day from Monday to Friday.
- To ensure that the approach is coordinated with other organisations, Legacy will only be taking referrals through Croydon Council to access Legacy during this time.
Starting from Monday 23rd March we will be changing the way in which we organise our activities for young people to a more structured and targeted programme ensuring we continue to give young people somewhere to go, something to do and someone to talk to. We will open every day from 9am – 5pm.
Young people will be invited to take part in specific sessions and activities and will only be able to attend if they have received an invite from our team. I hope you agree this will ensure we are able to continue to provide a service to members in a safe and structured environment.
Legacy will create regular online content that will engage with you and other young people, this will help keep in regular contact and interaction during this time.
We have an exciting mix of engagement coming your way which means our online presence on social media platforms will be much more to keep you and your family entertained with a variety of games and challenges and trends to engage with at home and a laugh here and there.
We have set up an email for young people in case they want to be in touch which the Legacy team, #Greenteam can respond to, it is Talk2us@Legacyyouthzone.org
We will also be aiming to get in touch with members to touch base via phone to check in.
Keep being positive, we are in this together, and we can get through it together.
So do keep your eyes peeled for these on our social platforms, which are listed below.
(p.s. there might even be some prizes to be won!)
The health, safety and wellbeing of young people, staff, volunteers, visitors and those in the wider community is our top priority and we will continue to do what we can to support those around us.
This does also mean that we will not be running during normal session time until further notice.
Please feel free to contact our team by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 020 3976 9990 and let us know what we can do to help you even if it’s just to have a chat.
From Legacy Youth Zone