Update (27th November 2020)
The safety of our young people, staff, volunteers and the wider community is our number one priority. Following finding out about a positive case in our building, we took immediate action by:
- We informed Public Health England of this matter straight away
- We took the action to close the building on Tuesday 24th November with advice to have no one in the building for at least 72 hours before being deep cleaned.
- We contacted all young people and staff members that were in close proximity with the person who tested positive, and advised them to self-isolate for 14 days.
- All young people who were booked in for sessions that evening were contacted to inform them of cancellation and that we would contact them shortly to invite them back in.
- Social media and Newsletter communications were sent to all on our database.
- Legacy Youth Zone was deep cleaned on Friday 27th November 2020.
We are now able to reopen Legacy following a full deep-clean of the building undertaken by Chequers Contract Services on Friday 27th November. Following this, we are now safe to reopen and we will ask that all staff and members can continue to follow our safety measures of:
- Using the temperature checker before entering the main reception;
- Wearing a face mask (if over the age of 11, or unless exempt);
- Washing hands/using the hand sanitiser stations;
- Ensuring activities are socially distanced where possible
- Staff to wipe down surfaces and handles after each session;
- Following the one way system for entry and exit, plus use of stairs following the directional arrows
What’s happening after Lockdown 2.0
From Wednesday 2nd November, Croydon will be in Tier 2, and all members will be able to book their favourite sessions online once again. As per Government guidance, we will be able to run more sessions but within socially distanced bubbles, where there will be a maximum of 15 people in one bubble (or the maximum for the room capacity for your activity). All safety measures as mentioned above will be followed during Tier 2, and members of staff will be able to assist members if they have any questions about it.
Update (24th November 2020)
We’re sorry to announce that a member of staff at Legacy has tested positive for COVID-19.
We have notified all young people and staff members who the person has been in proximity with, and advised them to follow government guidance around self-isolation and testing.
In-line with advice from Public Health England, the Youth Zone will now close for the next 72 hours with immediate effect for a deep clean of the building.
We will notify all members and the community shortly of our reopening date and time.
Until then we will be delivering online activities via social media with our Legacy At Home offering.
The safety of our young people, staff, volunteers and the wider community is our number one priority and anyone who has queries regarding policy, protocols and procedures can visit https://www.legacyyouthzone.org/about-us/covid19/
To our members, if any of you need support during this time then please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and our youth workers will get back to you as soon as possible.
We look forward to welcoming you back to Legacy very soon, and until then stay safe and look out for our online activities.
From all of us at Legacy
19 October 2020
The COVID alert level for the borough of Croydon is high. Youth Clubs and Activities are still permitted, and as a Youth Zone we still have strict measures in place. Please remember the following when visiting us:
- Book your session online (call if you need help)
- You will have your temperature checked before entering
- Use the sanitiser station at the entrance, plus there are plenty dotted around the youth Zone.
- Over 12s please wear a mask (unless exempt) when entering Legacy, when you get to your activity space this can be removed.
- There are floor markings in place for a one way system to follow
- Exit via the MUGA only
- If you’re unsure of anything then speak to our youth workers and they’ll be able to help