Join the Media Squad!
We’ve got an exciting opportunity for senior members to join the media squad!
If you love being creative, want to learn more about graphic design, videography, photography, journalism, editing and more – then the media squad is for you!
If you’re aged over 14 and love being creative plus interested in the areas covered below, then this opportunity is for you:
- Graphic Designer
How are sessions run?
We will be holding a variety of project-led sessions which will be structured in the following way:
- Week 1: Guest Speaker in Media or Art industry to run a workshop and set a project.
- Weeks 2-5: Work on task set during media squad hours, or book onto a normal media session.
- Week 6: Present work to guest speaker who will give feedback and provide a certificate of completion.
What will I get out of it?
- You will have the opportunity to network with some of the industries big names and organisations. All wanting to help share their skills and experiences with you – soak up their knowledge and information.
- Certificate upon completion of project
- References or recommendations for future jobs.
Legacy Mascot Project
We’re going to be developing our Legacy Mascot as part of our first project, and tasks will be set by Robert McKenzie – who is part of the creative team at King – the creators of popular games such as Candy Crush!
Robert will be discussing his experience (including animations for the movies like Ice Age) and what elements are needed to design and build a character on paper, and then digitally.
Date: Wednesday 17 November