OUR SUPPORTER PROMISE
Legacy Youth Zone only exists and can continue running because of the support of generous companies, community groups, individuals, and people like you.
Fundraising is a vital part of Legacy Youth Zone’s activities to cover the increasing need for our services to young people in Croydon. We aim to generate funds cost effectively, with respect and within the fundraising regulatory bodies guidelines.
Our supporter promise clearly outlines our pledge to you when you choose to support Legacy Youth Zone.
We want you to know that we really value your support, whether you’ve:
- Become a Founder Patron
- Become a Bronze, Silver or Gold supporter
- Donated as an individual
- Work in partnership with us
- Fundraised on our behalf
- Supported our campaigns
- Are a member
- Left us a gift in your will
We are committed to treating you with respect and transparency, so this is our promise to you.
Our communications with you
- We will be clear about how we communicate with you.
- If you tell us you’d rather not be contacted, or you have a preference about how you would like to be contacted, we will note this our end to ensure your wishes are met.
- You can change your mind about what you will receive from us at any time.
Our commitment to treating our supporters fairly and protecting our young supporters
We will constantly review our fundraising practices to ensure they are fair, sensitive, and appropriate.
Legacy Youth Zone is committed to ensuring the highest quality of experience for our supporters. In the interest of empowering and protecting our supporters, Legacy trains and supports its staff and volunteers to recognise and appropriately respond to vulnerability without discrimination or judgement.
Legacy works to ensure supporters are always treated fairly, and not exploited or treated in a way which might bring them harm because of their interaction with Legacy.
Legacy’s approach to supporters in vulnerable circumstances is informed by the Fundraising Regulator’s Code of Fundraising Practise and the Chartered Institute of Fundraising’s guidance.
We ask that all our supporters under the age of 16 ask their parent or guardian to get in touch with us at email@example.com, as we require written consent for any young person under the age of 16 to engage in fundraising, volunteering or supporting Legacy.
We ensure all staff are trained in and follow our Safeguarding Policy and Procedures.
About your donation or the money you’ve raised
- Your donation will be used to support the young people in Croydon by providing them with positive role models and a safe space to go to. We will keep administration costs to a minimum without jeopardising the quality of Legacy’s work. As much of your donation as possible will be spent directly on our life-changing work.
- We will answer any question you have about how your donation is spent and clear financial information will be available.
- We might turn down a donation if we feel that accepting it would damage our independence or reputation. If we do, we will explain why.
Use of your personal details
- We will keep any personal data safe, only using your details to contact you in the way you’ve agreed to.
- We will always respect your right to privacy and adhere to laws around the use of data.
- When necessary, we may share data with our own carefully regulated and monitored external suppliers. We will ensure their use of the data is in line with our data protection and policies and not kept or used by them for any other purposes.
Suppliers we work with
- Occasionally we work with external suppliers to contact you, simply because our team is not big enough. This could be an agency that helps us send and receive our mailings, or an organisation who stores and delivers our fundraising materials.
- We only work with professional organisations that adhere to our high standards. We will act quickly if they do not meet the high standards we set.
Our accountability to you
- If you have some feedback or wish to make a complaint as you are unhappy with anything we have done whilst communicating with you, you can contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- We monitor and log all comments, concerns, or complaints.
- We will aim to respond to your complaint within 24 hours and will respond honestly to your questions and complaints.
Thank you for your support – we couldn’t care for the young people in Croydon without you.